Founded in 1988, Casey House is a sub-acute specialty hospital providing a continuum of care in a compassionate environment for adults living with HIV/AIDS, through a comprehensive range of inpatient, outpatient and community care services. Casey House is committed to achieving our overall goal of establishing a center of excellence in HIV/AIDS clinical care, as well as education and research that addresses the unmet health needs of people living with HIV/AIDS.
We are currently seeking a Financial Analyst to support the Chief Financial Officer and Director of Operations for Casey House Hospital.
Position: Financial Analyst
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday (with periodic after-hours responsibilities, as required)
Status: Temporary, Full-time (one year contract)
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) the Financial Analyst will have a wide scope of financial accounting duties. Working with the Senior Financial Analyst and Finance Program Assistant, they will support functions ranging from balance sheet reconciliations, internal and external financial reporting to Ministry of Health reporting. This position will be instrumental in budget planning, forecasting and collaboration with department owners to manage their financial budgets.
- Support general accounting functions for both Casey House Hospital and Casey House Foundation staff, ensuring accounting standards and policies are adhered to.
- Monthly reconciliations for balance sheet accounts as well as revenue and expense analysis.
- Act as back-up payroll administrator to input payroll data, process deductions, health premiums, etc.
- Support Senior Financial Analyst with preparation and analysis of monthly internal financial statement packages for the Hospital and the Foundation.
- Assist with the development of the annual budget, forecasting, and pro-forma statements.
- Collaborate with the finance team for the annual audits for Casey House Hospital and Foundation in all aspects including; the preparation of audit working papers, reconciliations and all other auditor requests.
- Collaborate with the CFO on external Ministry of Health reporting on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Work with team to proactively improve controls, refine operations and identify new initiatives that could benefit the organization/team.
- Other projects/duties as assigned
- University degree in Financial Accounting or equivalent, additional or/working towards additional designation(s) is an asset.
- Financial experience in healthcare environments is considered an asset.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience performing full cycle accounting, including; maintaining general ledger and preparation of financial reporting and analysis.
- Knowledge of various accounting software is considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of current accounting standards (GAAP)
- Experience with Ontario Ministry of Health reporting is considered an asset.
- Hospital financial reporting and audit experience is an asset.
- A high degree of professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent team building and communication skills.
- High level of expertise with Microsoft excel, spreadsheets and any other related accounting related software to be used for reporting.
- Process and deadline-driven mindset with a keen attention to detail
- Great analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Strong team player, ability to adapt to dynamic environments while supporting others.
Please note that screening for this position will include a psychometric assessment for all shortlisted candidates, and pre-employment background check for the successful candidate.
At Casey House, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve, including those living with HIV/AIDS. Casey House is committed to providing accommodation in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
This posting will close at 11:59 PM on Friday, September 24, 2021.